Terms & Conditions - EQ Benefits Membership Plan
1. Members must be at least 18 years old to apply for an EQ Benefits membership by signing up via our EQ Benefits mobile application. Members below 18 years old would need to seek consent from legal guardian to enroll in the program.
2. By signing up for membership account with EQ Benefits Membership, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions, which form a contract between yourself and Equidius Services Pte Ltd (“Equidius”), as Program Manager of EQ Membership Program, by which you will be bound.
3. EQ Membership opens one Benefits and one Rewards account for each individual member – a) members are only entitled to benefits and privileges accorded to the membership plan for their own consumption; b) members will be accorded EQ Benefits points for spending or making purchases with EQ merchants and clinics; c0 members are not allowed to transfer the accumulated EQ Benefits points and benefits from that membership account to any other membership account.
4. As a member, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all consequences of not doing so.
5. We may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time at our sole discretion by publishing the amended version on the EQ Membership program website. For example, we may amend the way EQ Benefits points are earned, awarded to accounts and/or redeemed or their validity period at any time at our sole discretion. By your continued participation in the EQ Membership program as a member, you agree to be bound by the amended contract between you and Equidius Services Pte Ltd, as Program Manager of EQ Membership and Benefits and Rewards Program. Members must provide us with accurate and truthful personal data during the sign-up process and update that personal data in our records if it changes.
B. EQ Membership Plan
6. In consideration of a periodic fee (a “Membership Fee”), Equidius provides Services to individual registered participants (“Members”) pursuant to a range of membership programs (each a “Membership”) as described on the Equidius website, www.eqbenefits.sg (the “EQ Benefits Website”). Equidius may vary or update the features and pricing of its Memberships from time to time at its sole discretion.
C. Membership Fee
7. In order to become a Member, you will select a specific Membership at checkout, and you shall be obligated to pay to Equidius the Membership Fee specified for the selected Membership. The Membership Fee is generally a non-refundable annual fee, required to be paid in advance; provided, however, that, Equidius may from time to time vary its fee structure or offer promotional or group rates. Equidius does not guarantee that Membership Fee paid for any Membership will be available for any other Membership or any renewal or subsequent Membership.
8. You acknowledge that no part of the Membership shall be paid in consideration for medical services covered by your insurer, health plan or by any governmental program. You agree to bear sole financial responsibility for the Membership Fee. All or a portion of your Membership Fee may be purchased or reimbursed by a third party, such as an employer. Notwithstanding such third-party payment or reimbursement, you shall be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Nothing contained in this Agreement, including any compensation paid or payable, is intended or shall be construed: (i) to require, influence, or otherwise induce or solicit either party regarding referrals of business, or recommending the ordering of any items or services, of any kind whatsoever to the other party or any of its affiliates, or to any other person, or otherwise generate business between the parties; or (ii) to interfere with your right to choose your own health care.
D. Services and Additional/Excluded Services
9. Upon payment of the Membership Fee specified at checkout for the level of Membership you have selected, Equidius will make available to you the opportunity to access the Services specified as being included at that level of Membership pursuant to the terms of this Agreement and the additional practice policies and procedures described on the EQ Benefit Website (www.eqbenefits.sg) or notified to you by Equidius from time to time.
10. Services not specified as being included at the level of Membership selected and paid for are not covered by the Membership Fee. If you require healthcare or other services, procedures or products outside of those specified as being included at the level of Membership selected and paid for (“Additional Services”), you will be solely responsible for the cost of such healthcare or other services. Additional Services may include, without limitation, the following:
Accessories, wellness, supplements products purchased through Equidius or other sources.
Non-medical services recommended by Equidius, such as mental wellness, acupuncture and fitness classes.
11. All medicine, medication or medicated products offered by clinics to members as part of their medical treatment would not be entitled to any discount and would be fully borne by the members themselves.
12. The Membership Fee is a non-refundable annual fee, required to be paid at checkout in advance of inception of Membership and each renewal thereof. However, Equidius may offer periodic payment programs, in which case payments will be billed monthly, quarterly or semi-annually as specified by Equidius in connection with the payment program selected. If Additional Services are performed by Equidius, Equidius may require payment for such Additional Services in advance of performance or in accordance with the billing policies adopted by Equidius from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that EQ Benefits does not bill insurance companies. EQ Benefits will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf and cannot assist you with claim resolution.
F. Payments and Credit Card Authorization
13. To the extent that you provide Equidius with your credit card or other payment information for payments with respect to your Membership, Equidius shall be authorized to charge your credit card for any unpaid Membership Fee, Membership Fees due on renewal of Membership and fees for Additional Services provided by Equidius to you. If you have elected to pay your Membership Fee pursuant to a periodic payment program offered by Equidius, Equidius shall be authorized to charge the credit card you have provided at due date of each periodic payment without separate authorization in order to do so. Equidius shall not require separate authorization for payment upon renewal of Membership. You shall not initiate any dispute or chargeback to Equidius’ account without Equidius’ prior written consent and you shall not cancel the credit card that you have provided to Equidius without first providing Equidius the details for a replacement credit card. You will be responsible for any fees or costs incurred by Equidius in connection with collection, including fees associated with recouping payment on chargebacks. You will update Equidius in advance in the event of a change in your credit card information, including changes to the name on your card, your billing address and your reference phone number.
G. Refunds and Cancellation
14. Except as otherwise specified by Equidius at checkout, Membership Fees are non-refundable, and Membership is non-cancelable. Once checkout or renewal is complete, you may not change the Membership level selected without the prior consent of Equidius which may be granted or withheld at Equidius’ discretion and may require payment of an increased Membership Fee.
15. Equidius provides Members the opportunity to access certain Services subject to the terms of this Agreement and the additional practice policies and procedures described on the EQ Benefits Website or notified to you by Equidius from time to time. So long as Equidius has made such Services available in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and the additional practice policies and procedures described on the EQ Benefits Website or notified to you by Equidius from time to time, your failure to avail yourself of such Services is not grounds for cancellation or refund/credit. Equidius shall have no liability or responsibility for interruptions in the availability of or access to Services outside of Equidius’ control and such interruptions shall not be grounds for cancellation or refund/credit.
H. Automatic Renewal and Termination.
16. Unless otherwise specified by Equidius at checkout, Membership has a one (1) year term and the Membership Fee covers that period. Except as otherwise specified by Equidius in writing, the term specified for Membership at checkout will automatically renew for successive periods of the same length at the Membership Fee specified on the EQ Benefits Website for your level of Membership. You expressly consent to auto renewal of Membership and related charges; provided, however, that you may opt out of automatic renewal at any time prior to the date that is thirty (30) days in advance of the renewal date by logging in to your Equidius Member account and changing your account settings to opt out of auto-renewal or by notifying Equidius in writing at the notice address specified in this Agreement. Such notice must include a specific request for auto renewal opt-out.
17. Equidius may terminate your Membership, at any time, upon:
your breach of this Agreement or Equidius policy or procedure described on the EQ Benefits Website or notified to you by Equidius from time to time, if such breach is not cured within 10 days of written notice; or
your non-payment of fees when due; or
your harassment, threatening behavior or any other action by you which in Equidius’ reasonable discretion places Equidius personnel at risk of harm.
19. You may contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concern or issue in relation to how your data is being protected.
K. Not Insurance
18. You acknowledge and agree that Membership and this Agreement do not constitute an insurance plan or a contract for health insurance and are not a substitute for health insurance or other health plan coverage.
19. You acknowledge and agree that the Membership establishes a direct contractual relationship for the delivery of benefits and privileges between you and Equidius, as the service provider, governed by this Agreement. Your Membership is not subject to the guidelines, restrictions or policies established by health insurance companies, health maintenance organizations, hospital service organizations, or Medishield, CHAS.
L. No Emergency or Specialist Services
20. Equidius is not a healthcare service provider and does not provide hospital, urgent/emergency or specialist services and your Membership will not cover or provide reimbursement for hospital, urgent/emergency or specialist services. Equidius’ panel of medical practitioners are available only during the business hours specified by these medical practitioners (which Equidius does not have control over) pursuant to the scheduling and contact policies and procedures described on the EQ Benefits Website or notified to you by Equidius from time to time. Equidius does not provide for urgent, same-day or emergency appointments. Equidius staff are not on-call 24 hours per day and generally are not available on nights, weekends or holidays. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY OR CIRCUMSTANCES REQUIRING URGENT CARE, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CALL 911, THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM OR URGENT CARE CENTER, AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF EMERGENCY PERSONNEL.
M. Intellectual Property
21. Equidius’ copyrighted and original materials will be provided to you for individual use only and a single-user license. You are not authorized to use any of Equidius’ intellectual property for your business purposes. You are not authorized to share, copy, distribute, or otherwise disseminate any materials received from Equidius electronically or otherwise without the prior written consent of the Equidius. All intellectual property, including Equidius’ copyrighted course materials, shall remain the sole property of the Equidius. No license to sell or distribute Equidius’ materials is granted or implied.
N. No Guaranty of Outcomes
22. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the use of your Membership and the results attained from such use. Equidius makes no representations or guaranties as to results or outcomes (including, for example, cure of a particular disease or resolution of any condition).
O. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
23. Except as expressly stated in this Agreement or required by applicable law, Equidius hereby disclaims any and all warranties, both express and implied, including any warranty of non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. Equidius’ total liability to you, your heirs, successors and assigns arising with respect to this Agreement, your Membership and any Services performed by Equidius (including Additional Services) shall be limited to the aggregate amount of fees paid to Equidius by you for your Membership. IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COVER, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF ANTICIPATED OPPORTUNITY OR PROFITS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
P. No assignment
24. Your Membership is personal to you and non-transferrable. Your Membership may not be shared, assigned or transferred to anyone else even if you are not using it. Your rights and obligations under this Agreement may not be transferred or assigned without the prior written consent of Equidius. Equidius shall have the right to assign the benefits or delegate the obligations contained herein to an affiliated or successor entity without first obtaining such consent. Subject to the foregoing, the benefits and obligations herein shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
Q. Independent Contractor
25. The purchase of a Membership establishes a fee for service relationship pursuant to which Equidius is acting as an independent contractor providing Services in accordance with this Agreement. Your status as a Member does not mean that you are an investor, creditor or have an ownership interest in Equidius.
R. Notices; Communications
26. Any communication required or permitted to be sent under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent via email (email@example.com). Notices to you may be sent to the address (mailing or email) you provide to Equidius at checkout or subsequently in connection with your account.
27. You shall promptly notify Equidius of any change of address.
28. In the event that any provision of this Agreement, or the application thereof, becomes or is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, void or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect and the application of such provision to other persons or circumstances shall be interpreted so as reasonably to effect the intent of the parties. This Section shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
T. Entire Agreement; Amendment
29. These terms and conditions constitute the entire understanding and agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersede all prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral, with respect to the same subject matter. No amendment of this Agreement shall be binding on a party unless made in writing and signed by all parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Equidius may unilaterally amend this Agreement to the extent required by law or regulation by sending you advance written notice of any such change.
U. Force Majeure
30. Neither party will be liable to the other for any cause beyond its reasonable control, and the party’s performance of its obligations hereunder, other than payment obligations, will be excused if such party’s performance is prevented by any cause or causes beyond its reasonable control without the fault or negligence of such party. In no event shall financial difficulty or inability constitute force majeure.
V. Controlling Agreement
31. In the event of any conflict between the provisions contained in this Agreement, the Equidius Website and any marketing or descriptive materials used by Equidius, Equidius’ representatives, or employees, the provisions in this Agreement shall be controlling.
W. Governing Law
32. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of Republic of Singapore at which your Membership is based and located.
33. The intellectual property, disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability, non-disparagement, proprietary rights, any provisions relating to payment of sums owed set forth in this Agreement, and any other provisions that by their sense and context the parties intend to have survive, shall survive the termination or lapse this Agreement.
Last Updated: 3 June 2019